Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review: Hiruscar (Acne Scar Removing Cream)

My skin has gotten a lot better than compared to late last year or early this year. However, although my skin is no longer bumpy with a lot of pimples, I have a bunch of leftover post-acne brown marks. Good thing is that these marks go away over time, but it really takes a LOOOOOOOONG time.

My Grandma kept on telling me to apply this cream called Hirudoid on my scars and said it would help remove it. The first time I heard it, I was like "Grandma, I'm not gonna put hemorrhoid cream on my face." After a little bit more research, I discovered that this isn't really any scar removing cream, but a cream that helps blood circulation in the legs. However, improving blood circulation is a good first step for scar removal too, so I complied.

One night, I came by the following YouTube commercial! It's in Cantonese, but it had me sold on the product!


My grandaunt was visiting from Hong Kong in a couple months, so I had her look for it and bring me some (it pays to be in good terms with relatives - haha). She said it was pretty hard to find, but she eventually found it in some drug store and it cost approximately $200 (HKD) which translates to around $25 CAD.


I am so glad my grandaunt found this product for me. The usual scars that take around 3-4 weeks to fade, took around 3-4 days to fade. Like, of course it's still there, but it's faded so much. I was really amazed with the results Hiruscar gave me. I can now go outside with no makeup on and not scare anyone on the streets!


Hiruscar is made from the same company that created Hirudoid cream. Except, this time, it's really meant for scar removal. Although, I wouldn't necessarily describe it is as a "cream"... it's more like "gel" like texture in my opinion. If you're concerned about the smell, I do find that it smells a little bit like aloe (but that is one of the major ingredients in the product).

I used to feel so ashamed when passing by those skincare tables in department stores because they all try to sell me stuff. Now, I can strut through them with confidence.

The camera really doesn't do much justice to the results this cream has done for me. On the before photo, that's what my scars used to look like -- and I even had makeup on in that picture! On the after photo, I have no makeup on. So it's pretty comparable, in my opinion. The pictures were taken under different lighting, but trust me, this little tube of miracle delivers amazing results.


Before: I even have makeup on in this picture!

After: No makeup at all!

Sorry I don't have better before and after photos. This was the best I could do as I don't normally take pictures of my imperfections.... Although some of you may not think that these are any noteworthy results, they look a lot more significant in real life than in the pictures.

I really recommend this product to those who suffer from acne scars. Whether they may be brown marks, indented, or raised scars, Hiruscar is said to improve your skin condition.


If you're interested in the list of ingredients: Allium Cepa, Vitamin B3, Sorbeth-30, Aloe Vera, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil, Carbomer, Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, CMCM hydantoin, Allantoin, Vitamin E, Mucupolysaccharide polysulphate (MPS), Purified water, Fragrance.

Rating: (5/5)

29 comments:

  1. I had this before. True,it worked ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it made a difference! It's only sold in Asia? Hey, how are you? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm actually not sure if it's "only" sold in Asia, since the company who makes it is actually in Switzerland. I believe you can get it on eBay though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought this before to use on my keloids around my chest, but it dint work after 3 tubes >.< i still have some left, so now im gonna try it on my acne scar! thanks for the tip, i dint know i can use it on me face lol

    xoxo elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm really? I don't have keloids, but I have some small depressed scars on my face. I haven't seen much effect on that, but it definitely cleared off those brown post-acne spots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi bathroom dancer. thank you for your review.
    one question though, did you experienced hair growth on the area where you applied the hiruscar cream? Bec. I found on the other blog that she experienced hair growth on parts where she applied the cream, so she won't recommend using it on the face. I'm just afraid more hair will grow if I apply it on the acne scar on my face. will wait for your reply. thanks and more power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, sorry about the late reply... I've just been extremely busy lately. To tell you the truth, I have no noticed any hair growth on where I applied this gel. I think I would notice if it was on my face - hahaha. But yeah, no, no hair growth. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, how long did you use Hiruscar before you got the results shown in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey fw, thanks for your question! It probably look about 3 weeks before I really saw results. But the results were pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how often do you use it a day to have that results? twice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good,I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on it.


    Scar Removal Cream

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi – It’s good to read such interesting stuff on the Internet as I have been able to discover here. I agree with much of what is written here and I’ll be coming back to this website again. Thanks again for posting such great reading material!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really an interesting blog as it focuses on the very important topic. i came to know about so many things or tips.


    www.scar-treatment-research.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures are broken :[ I really wanted to try this out. If possible, please re-upload. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel! Thanks for letting me know! I have fixed the post :) Hope that doesn't happen again, need to find a place to safely host my photos.

      Delete
  15. Hi, does your acne scars include redness? does this help to remove redness as well? (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. can it help to cure freckles?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first step to curing acne knows what type of acne you have. Once you know your acne trigger, you are one step closer to removing the acne activator and living acne free.There are numerous types of acne, which could explain why it is so cumbersome if not seemingly impossible for the acne sufferer to find a cure. As with other types of acne including teenage acne, the exact causes of adult acne remain unknown, but are thought to relate to changes or imbalances in our body’s hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello there ! i just have some few question, how do you apply it? do you apply it everytime you wash your face? what is your regimen for applying it? thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hundreds of scar cream products and evaluated them on several important areas, including consumer feedback, customer satisfaction, customer service, strength of ingredients, company reputation and more. So we need to choose a right one products. Thanks for informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you are looking for something to work fast, you have to start using Citrus Clear products NOW. All the Citrus Clear products work - Just get a little and put it over the area you want to be treated and in just one day you can notice the difference. It works great and is very inexpensive which is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dr.D.M Mahajan is an expert on cosmetic treatment. he is warning against fake acne scars treatment which do more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The product you included in this post is located in HK so there is chinese printed on the product. I found a similar item on ebay but from Thailand, they look pretty much the same but I was wondering if they ARE the same. By any chance that you can help me to find out please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am bit confused..... whether I should use hiruscar or not....please help me....

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you are planning for breast lift delhi , then contact Skin Plus who is a certified plastic surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Juli! Thanks for great review, I'm trying to find it at Watsons but I can't find it. any specific places you know that sells?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Are you want to get more beauty than this time? To get follow this link.
    Scar Cream

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...