Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Review: Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

Alert! Alert! Bathroom Dancer back here with another Hard Candy product. I've heard so much goodness about Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer and couldn't wait to get my hands on them.


I initially got it in the color, light. Unfortunately, I realized afterward that it was too light for me and I couldn't blend it in because the color did not match my skin at all.

I was so desperate to trying out this concealer and write a review for it that I said, "yes" to tan because they ran out of medium. The tan color is kinda dark for me and it has a very yellowish tone to it. But that's OK - at least it's closer to my shade than the light. At the moment, I'm kinda doing my own mixing with the light and tan to achieve the shade that works for me and it's working pretty well. Besides, I figured that summer's just around the corner and I'm probably gonna get tanned anyway no matter how much I try to avoid the sun.


Let me start off by saying, this is by far the BEST concealer that I have ever used. The consistency is thick, but it's also what allows it to provide a great coverage. Of course, if you have bumpy skin, it's not not going to help much with that, but as for brown marks left over from acne, it does a pretty awesome job covering them.

I usually apply this on top of my tinted moisturizer, set it with some matte pressed powder and it lasts me whole day. I don't really do any touch ups during the day or anything, so the staying power is really there. While I was in Orlando, we went to a couple rides in the theme parks that got us completely soaked from head to toe (all the way down to my underwear sometimes) and this concealer still stays on. It's AMAZING!


The light in my bathroom is kinda yellow, hence the picture quality. But this is what it looks like when it's blended. You can see that it matches my skin color a lot better.

Personally, I don't think I would recommend this for concealing dark circles under the eyes. I don't have bags under my eyes, (at least that's not what they are) but I do notice creasing very early on with this concealer. It's also not as watery as many concealers I've used before, so perhaps that's why it creases so easily.

I'm gonna sound so repetitive when I say this, but a little really does go a long way for this product. This concealer is so opaque and so thick that it can do a lot of covering with minimal amounts. If you apply too much, it's going to look cake-y. This little tube of concealer is going to last me a lifetime, but if I do ever run out, I'm definitely buying again (provided that Hard Candy keeps this as a regular item in their makeup line, which personally I think they should).


The product also comes with a concealer pencil, which I haven't really used much because I find it to be too hard to be used on your face. According to the box, you can cover tattoos with this concealer by first outlining the tattoo using the pencil. So I guess that's what it's for. I cannot really test that out because I don't have any tattoos, but considering how opaque this concealer goes on, I wouldn't be surprised.

You can get your own from Walmart in Canada and USA for $6.

Rating: (5/5)


Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Hard Candy for review purposes only. No payment was received for this review.

5 comments:

  1. Great review, hon'. Ugh, now I want to try this concealer too (along with those Benefit-looking blushes) but my Walmart never has these?? It's so confusing. But great to know anyway, maybe one day I'll get lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be pretty good if it stayed even after you got soaked. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so excited to read this...it reminded me I have to grab it asap! thankss!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I absolutely love this stuff too, best cheap concealer ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review!:D I love this too!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...