Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil

I've been using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil to control some of the more painful blemishes lately. This product was stated to "help clear blemishes quickly and effectively without over drying the skin." If you have dry skin and you develop acne, perhaps instead of drying it even further with some of the strong acne cleansers out in the market, maybe you can try applying some Tea Tree Oil!

Why do people with dry skin still develop acne? The skin tends to produce more oil in response to dry skin. So to prevent that from happening, we moisturize!

Tea Tree Oil, unlike other oils, does not clog pores. Instead, Tea Tree Oil contains many beneficial medical properties when applied topically. According to Wikipedia (link), it includes antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral actions.

Unfortunately, nothing ever works immediately/overnight. In fact, this treatment works quite slow in general to dissolve that damn blemish. It is, however, soothing after you apply it and reduces the redness and inflammation initially.

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil is diluted so you can apply it directly onto your skin. So essentially, it only contains 15% of Tea Tree Oil. If you find that you need something stronger, you can always try to get 100% Tea Tree Oil from the drugstore and dilute it yourself. It's a good thing to keep around for insect bites too :)

Rating: (4/5)

8 comments:

  1. I gave you a blog award! :)
    Check it out here: http://girlysbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/06/butterfly-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Tuesday Beauty Blog hop and I am now following you. I hope you will want to follow me back when you see my kind of beauty product (hair jewelry). Here's my blog url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com. I can also be found in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Hey, I awarded you a blow award. Check it out here hun! http://beingyourownbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-second-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bought some from the health food store & I use it like an anti-biotic liquid. It works great, just smells so strong...which I don't personally mind but some might :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award girls! I'll try to get to it as soon as possible, it's just been really crazy busy for me lately...

    @TracyD: Yes, it's a natural antiseptic. Great for cleaning cuts/wounds without getting infected and stuff like that. Yeah, it smells a little bit... but I actually don't mind the smell. It's kinda zen :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried out the Lush Tea Tree Oil but did nothing for me :( I ended up switching back to my benzoyl peroxide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, you're right. While tea tree oil is great for the little pimples, it does not work as well on the huge painful ones :(

    But yes, Benzoyl Peroxide is great when it comes to those nasty pimples, but I find it could be a little harsh on your skin. What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been using this one too and i love it!! it's already my second bottle...

    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...