Monday, April 18, 2011

Should I Keep Physicians Formula Bamboo Wear Makeup...?

Every time I head over to Costco, I would always make a stop by to browse their cosmetics section (as if drug store prices is not cheap enough for me already). Did you know that Costco stocks up on Physicians Formula cosmetics? So this is what I bought this last weekend!


Physicians Formula Bamboo Wear Set comes with the following:
  • Bamboo Wear™ Bamboo Silk Bronzer Refill (worth $10)
  • Bamboo Wear™ Bamboo Silk Face Powder Refill (worth $10)
  • Bamboo Wear™ Bambuki™ Brush (worth $10)
  • Bamboo Wear™ Bamboo Compact, Mirror & Brush (worth $7)

This means that the set is worth a total of $37, but I got the above set for $20. So I thought that was a pretty good deal. I saved a total of $17! Because Costco has such a good return policy, I figured I would buy it, go home and read reviews on it, and then return it if I need to.


I came home and read the reviews and they appeared to be very mixed. In a nut shell, people reviewed that the face powder worked, but it stunk (literally) and that the Bambuki brush sheds a lot and is scratchy to use on the face. I'm not a big fan of brushes made with natural hair to begin with, so I was planning on giving that to my mom anyway... The only thing that sounded worth keeping was the bronzer and the compact/mirror.

What do you think? Should I keep and try it for myself?

8 comments:

  1. For $20 I'd say try it, even if you use the bronzer & the compact/mirror. Open it, open it & let us know your thoughts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth a shot but I personally did not like the bamboo powder..it did nothing for me so I returned it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say try it out!! That's a super good deal. Physicians Formula is pretty expensive for a drugstore brand

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess you can get a compact and a bronzer for lower price?since u wont be using the highlight and brush anyway
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give it a shot for sure! I am tempted to head over to Costco to see if there is any kicking around in my store! I had no idea they even had cosmetic's there..maybe not in the one I have in my city but I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!
    I've awarded you with a blog award! Check out the details on my blog: http://nataliesecretcode.blogspot.com/2011/04/won-award-d.html

    Congrats!!

    Hearts, Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my little blog. :)

    I love the Too Faced Kabuki Brush for all over face powder and Bloom Blush Brush for the right amount of blusher on my cheek bones.

    I reckon you should return the set if you dun feel that the products are up to par.


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...