Thursday, April 7, 2011

OOTD: Are You The Other Half?

Two weekends ago, Aberdeen Center was holding a Stem Cell Drive. I was interested in registering many years ago, but simply never got the chance to and then completely forgot about it. Now that it's right under my nose, I might as well! It was definitely really heart warming to see the amount of people keen on donating. The line-up for registration is CRAZY!

I got my mom interested in registering too and so we both went to ask the information lady whether there is an age limit.
Info Lady: Are you interested in donating?
Mom: Yes, is there an age limit or restriction?
Info Lady: Oh yes, you have to be between 17 and 50 years old.
Mom: Oh, then I'm past that already.
*Info Lady turns to me*
Info Lady: Are you between 17 and 50 years old?
I just thought to myself... "I don't think I look older than 50... but what part of me looks under 17???" Not that I'm offended if that was the case. In fact, that's a really nice compliment.


Are you the other half?

Be the one to save a life!

Anyway, my mom decided to donate by buying a T-shirt instead which is how I got this! It's in a size medium, but they say it will shrink. In the mean time, I guess it will just look really big and long on me -- goes well with leggings though :)

Sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting, I just thought it'd be nice to show off my new T-shirt!

If you're interested in registering to be a stem cell donor, they just take a sample of your saliva using cotton swabs that look like Q-tips. If you're interested in registering to be a stem cell donor, click here (One Match) for more information!

1 comment:

  1. Yep I joined Be the Match (the American equivalent of the marrow donation network) a little while ago. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about donating and such especially since I didn't know that there was a method that just required taking your blood!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...