Friday, March 18, 2011

Review: Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki

After showing you my crappy brush sets 2 days ago, I now present to you a brush that I am currently loving!

Being a Sigma Beauty Affiliate has its perks. And with the new Sigma Affiliate program, they've added in an incentive package for their affiliates! The idea for this incentive package is to allow their affiliates to test and review their brushes as well as provide one as a giveaway to their readers.



The brush I receive is based on the number of followers on my blog. So right now, I am qualified for an F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki. In the words of Sigma Beauty:
This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.
I don't believe there is a similar brush to the Sigma F80 on the market at the moment (but I could be wrong), and it's truly a great brush. It has really soft and dense bristles (and I cannot stop touching them). It's so dense that it makes it makes a perfect replacement of those makeup sponges you use to buff out those streaks left behind from your foundation brush.

In fact, I have heard that some people completely threw out their foundation brush and just used the F80 brush to apply their foundation by stippling it on. I don't use foundation, but I tried that method with the BB cream and it works GREAT!

At first, I didn't even know what stippling meant. From YouTube videos, it just looked like they were dabbing their foundation on using the brush - which didn't look like it was doing anything, to be honest. But now that I actually have the brush at hand, I finally understand how that works! And the effect it gives you is amazing...!!!


You're so soft... oh yes you are! Yes you are!

What I love about it the most is that it's made with synthetic bristles. The thought of putting real animal hair to my face as a brush kinda creeps me out, but that's just my opinion... I snuggle with my dog, but that's a different story. I've also heard that synthetic bristles don't absorb as much product, so you don't have to waste as much when you use it to apply your foundation! However, if you really think about it, the bristles are so dense that it probably can't really "absorb" much of your product anyway!

I really love this brush and totally recommend it to all my friends. Get yours now at Sigma Beauty for $16, or try your chance to win one!

Rating: (5/5)


Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Sigma Beauty for review purposes only. No payment was received for this review.

26 comments:

  1. I really want to try this- I've heard so many good things about it. Looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try this brush out! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup I love this brush too!!! It's awesome =) I use it everyday....but I was like you "what the heck is stippling?" LOL but I'm glad I found a brush I love =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems great! I really want to try this. I'm so curious. I never try sigma brush before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this brush for powder, since i don't really use liquid foundation, but the shipping is soo expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to apply my foundation with this brush :X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sigma brushes. They really are amazing for the price

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a brush like this one to stipple, but I haven't tried this sigma version. It looks like a great brush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard such great things bout this brush, i really should try it out :)

    http://hooliganchoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i even read somewhere that it can stand on its brush is itt??

    xoxo elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha -I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are wondering whether the brush can stand on its own because it's so dense, then yes, you are right. It's *that* dense!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited about trying this brush

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've recently discovered stippling on BB cream as well, and I'm so happy with it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh the brush seems nice! :) I think there are a couple of similar brushes out there (CS, EDM, Lily Lolo.. ). But I'd love to try it out :o!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not have anything similar to this brush, I must try! Actually I never tried any Sigma brushes before and I've read so many great reviews about it! I'll try my luck on your giveaway! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great information on the brush. Thank you for the information. I heard lots of good thing about the brush.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Sigma brushes. They are incredibly soft. I like to use a stipple brush for my bb cream. I like using it for my Missha, but my Skinfood is too thick to use any brushes.

    But awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot wait to get my hands on these brushes! Gah, my birthday is coming up so many then!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love sigma brushes, mainly the kit make me up are beautiful!
    I still no have any sigma brush... =/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always wanted to try sigma brushes I saw that brush and fell inlove, I'd like to see how it'll apply liquid foundation to the skin.

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This brush has been on my wishlist for a while now, great review :)

    I checked Karmaloop and they have it in pink and grey. Thank you so much for suggesting it, i wish they had it in black but the grey one is pretty cool :)

    Xo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. The reviews of that brush are so good that I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this brush too, it's amazing at applying liquid or powder foundation and I desperately need a backup, because it takes for ever to dry! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, nice review! heard lots of great reviews on sigma brushes but haven't tried them out yet. dunno if they're available here in the philippines. though I have seen them online, it's just that shipping i find shipping rates from U.S to Philippines expensive for me.. ;) but i would really like to try them someday when i get to earn my own money.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. i crave this brush so badly..
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks amazing, and i've heard just good reviews about this brush. I think it's great and i have to have one someday! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...