Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Review: LA Girl's Mark My Eyes Eyeliner

One day, while walking around at the UBC Bookstore, I found this LA Girl Mark My Eyes Eyeliner for $4 (regular price: $6). Who'd thought that a university bookstore would be selling cosmetics! The name "LA Girl" sounded so similar "LA Colors" so I thought I'd give it a try. It turns out that that they're from the same distributors (Beauty 21 Cosmetics Inc.)!

My mom was pretty shocked by its size when I showed her because it looks like one of those Sharpie pens. However, the pen design and the size of it is what makes it so easy to control. I love how perfect the line goes on every time. And honestly, if you look at the photos below, you can see that the line really isn't that scary thick. I tested the product out on my hands and it seemed to have some pretty good staying power. I kept rubbing it and it just wouldn't come off until I wash it with soap and water. In fact, because it's a water-based formula, you don't even need makeup remover to clean this eyeliner off.


I'm sorry my eye is so scary looking... I swear I look better in real life.

Here comes the bad part... the color of the liner turns gray quickly instead of staying black. Also, my hand is probably the only place it doesn't come off. It turns out that I have pretty oily eyelids. So even though this eyeliner did not smudge (like how it was advertised), it does not last me throughout the entire day without wearing off on its own.

Anyway, it's a little unfortunate since I do love how easy to use this eyeliner is. But then again, maybe this is why it's on clearance. Perhaps I'll get some eyeliner coat or something that I can put on top of it to prevent it from coming off throughout the day. Sad to say, I probably won't be buying this eyeliner again. In the mean time, I'll just use it to practice in the bathroom before my showers so I can easily wash it off afterward. I've gotten pretty good at it since I started practicing every day before my shower!

Link: http://www.lagirlusa.com/

Rating: (2/5)

5 comments:

  1. Hmm..I've never tried this brand. But I'm not too keen on LA Colors, so I'll probably pass on this. But I'm glad you found something you like! It looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I *love* LA Colors nail polish, but then again, that's a little different than the makeup you put on your face. I've never tried LA Colors makeup - hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are not scary looking at all! I'm glad you showcased the product, I always like to see products in use =)

    I wish the UBC bookstore carried makeup when I was there! I used to live on campus so that would've been the closest outlet for my makeup binges. That's awesome haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I didn't know either! But when I got these (which was a while ago), they were all on clearance, so I don't even know if they still sell makeup at the bookstore anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I've been looking for a pen eyeliner and I've been keeping my options open for now, this looks great!

    http://carpe-diem13-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...