Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

I've heard amazing things about NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils and I've finally got some of my own to try!
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils come in a variety of 24 shades available on their website and I'm so happy I was sent 5 to try out and review! The colors are so vibrant and stands out I love it! I was sent the following to try out:


Oyster, Purple Velvet, Slate

Cottage Cheese, Milk

Initially, I didn't know whether NYX Cosmetics was cruelty-free because they weren't listed in PETA's cruelty-free list, but it actually states it on their products! I just needed to take a closer look. Seriously, companies that are cruelty-free should display that information proudly!
The first thing I notice was how creamy the pencils are. It glides on so smoothly and easily that you don't have to worry about tugging the precious skin around your eyes. If fact, while I was taking pictures of the products, I accidentally knocked one against the other and it dented >_<. That's how soft it is.

Not only that. The product is really easy to blend, so you can put it all over your lid and then easily blend it out using an eyeshadow brush. The only thing about using this as an eyeshadow is that it may be more likely to crease on oily eyelids. However, if you set it with some powder eyeshadow, it should last you much longer than if you don't.

I was a little confused when I saw the packaging though. Some of the pencils are wrapped in wood, just like normal pencils, and some were surrounded by white plastic. I've seen a lot of articles online about depotting NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, but I don't really want to do that since I love the whole idea of a Jumbo Pencil - it just clicks with me! It's supposed to make applying eye makeup more convenient! So I emailed NYX and asked them what the deal was. Apparently you can sharpen it just like normal pencils. The pencil sharpener NYX sells will cut through the plastic easily, so that's a reliever.

I have not yet need to sharpen mine yet, but the ongoing online beauty tip is to refrigerate the pencils before sharpening them so the product hardens and you won't lose as much when you do sharpen it. Just as a suggestion, I hope NYX would consider turning these into automatic pencils so it would decrease the hassle and mess to sharpen them at all.

Rating: (5/5)

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by NYX Cosmetics for review purposes only. No payment was received for this review.

6 comments:

  1. i love the look of these, wish I could get them where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget to use mine for some reason..then I see a review and get reminded to use these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fat pencils! Those shades are pretty and great review XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them in the pencil too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some that has the white plastic!! And I'm glad to come across your post!!
    Followed ya...:)
    And I'm a ballroom dancer too!! *Hi five*

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...