Monday, February 7, 2011

Review: Hard Candy's Hot Smudge

This product came out in Hard Candy's Spring/Summer 2010 collection, but I haven't gotten a chance to review it until now because I had no idea how to use cream eyeliners. How sad, eh? That's OK I can be forgiven because I'm Canadian and many of Hard Candy's products are still only beginning to appear onto the shelves.



I got this product in "Stunt Double", which consists of two colors: purple and shimmery black. According to Hard Candy, the product can be worn as an eyeliner *or* eyeshadow. The product comes with a very cute and very usable angled eyeliner brush with a sponge smudger on the other end. The product is super creamy and applies on really nicely.



I was very impressed with the staying power. I don't have to worry about getting raccoon eyes at all even with my oily eyelids. I usually test out a new makeup product by wearing it inside the house when I don't have school and see how it looks by the end of the day before I start wearing it out. However, for some reason, I felt brave enough to wear Hard Candy's Hot Smudge out on the very first day. I kept on checking with my pocket mirror throughout the evening to see if I had turned into a panda bear, but hey! Guess what? That didn't happen! Instead, the product only faded a little along the top eyelids giving me that smokey eye look. So I guess the later the night went, the "sexier" I looked... hahaha - just kidding! I'm turning red just typing that about myself.


It took me a while to learn how to use this product because I have never tried applying cream eyeliner before. So if you're interested in trying out cream eyeliners for the first time and looking for something to practice with and try out, I'd suggest you try out Hard Candy's Hot Smudge. Even after finishing the product, you can probably still continue to use the brush for other eyeliners(provided that you take good care of it).

There's so many ways to wear it and so many shades to choose from. Plus, Hard Candy products are very friendly to your wallet. Costing only $6 from Walmart, you can get your very own Hot Smudge eyeliner/eyeshadow.

Rating: (4.5/5)

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Hard Candy for review purposes only. No payment was received for this review.

5 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fun and love the color XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they say that you can use this as an eyeshadow, might be interesting to try as a base..I think I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always youtube how to use your cream eyeliners :) You tempt me so much to go out to Walmart and check out this brand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I'm too shy to YouTube. I can barely do a presentation. Hard Candy is a great brand though, I highly recommend their products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a new cream liner so this was a great review! And I love your little star rating system! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...