Friday, January 21, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Oooo what's going on? Two blog posts in 2 days? Not only that, they're both tags too! This just gives me more opportunities to waste time and blog instead of actually doing homework - hahaha! I want to say thanks to ALcupcake from ALcupcake's Beauty Obsessions and NataLieSecretCode for this award. So OK, let's start.

7 Things About Myself

  1. Sometimes I break out into a dance no matter where I am. Most of the time, it's shopping with my mom at the grocery store because it gets kinda boring there.

  2. I have a beautiful 8 year old (turning 9 this year) "puppy" named Rosie. She's the cutest thing in the whole wide world!
  3. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 years already and he still has not proposed... Sometimes, I feel he's lucky that I'm still around because I don't think any girl would have waited this long. "One day," he tells me, "one day..."

  4. I am a Level 3 nursing student at BCIT at the moment. I still 2 more years to go... Should be finished by the end of 2012.

  5. I graduated from UBC with a degree in computer science. But then I worked at a software company for co-op experience and then realized that working in computers is actually kind of boring... So I tried to ditch that since 2nd year. But since I didn't know what else I wanted to do, I stuck with it and finished my degree. In the end, I'm glad I did because I would always have something to fall back on even if I don't like it.

  6. My real passion is in psychology. I loved participating in psychology experiments and then learning about social psychology. But my mom didn't want me working with crazy people after I graduate, so I was prevented from majoring in it. Instead, I just completed a minor in psychology and went into nursing (where I may also get the opportunity to work with crazy people).

  7. When I first got this award, I didn't even know what versatile meant. And then I Googled it and got some pretty weird stuff... In the end, versatile really just means "able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities". Yay for the new word of the day. (Oooo it Rhymes too!)

10 Questions

  1. Why did you create this blog?
    I created this blog mostly because I enjoyed reading other people's beauty blogs. I also wanted to spread the word about cruelty-free makeup and that it is possible to be beautiful without being cruel.

  2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
    I follow mostly makeup, skincare, and nail blogs. There are a couple other random blogs that I follow.

  3. Favorite makeup brand?
    Hard Candy. Because they're cruelty-free and fun to use! I want to try EVERYTHING!

  4. Favorite Clothing Brand?
    I don't have a favorite brand for clothes, and I hate some of those people who "only" buy brand name and brag about it all the time. But I began online shopping at Forever21 lately and find their stuff reasonably priced and trendy.

  5. Your indispensable makeup product?
    Can't live without Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Moisturizer. I actually just restocked this recently. I feel I should have given it a better rating now that I have raved about it for like the last couple of tags.

  6. Favorite Color?
    Purple. Maybe because it's a little girlie, but at the same time, there's a dark side to it - hehe!

  7. Favorite Perfume?
    I don't wear perfume...

  8. Favorite Film?
    Not sure, my most recent favorite film is probably Toy Story 3.

  9. What country would you like to visit and why?
    England. I've never been anywhere in Europe, but if I were to travel alone, I would like to go to a country where I know how to speak the language. And also, I love their accent.

  10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
    Probably blush... It's probably less obvious. Besides, I have uneven skin tone, people probably won't even notice.

7 People That I Tag


Rules

  1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Answer the 10 questions
  4. Pass it along to 7 beauty blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
  5. Leave your recipient a note telling them about the award

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! I loved reading about you and your doggie photo is so cute :) Thanks for tagging me! I will add this to my other blog award page in a section I created on my About Me page and answer the questions when I get a moment. I wanted to also thank you for your support with your comment on my blog in regards to cruelty free products XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks thanks thanks juli!! i'll put it up in my next post.

    I got the sinful colors from another nail blogger in the states. $2.99 for 4 colors, so cheap!

    i saw some sinful colors at superstore..but not a lot of colors =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! You are very kind! :)

    Congrats on your award, you deserve it!

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks gal! love ur blog too! ooo i love purple too! in fact any shade of purple, lilac, violet!

    xoxo elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I LOVE Hard Candy as well. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,come enter my giveaway for a chance to win a Smashbox brush set, eye palette, shimmering pearls and more! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Julianne!! Congrats on the award =)

    Oh my I totally understand how you feel in regards to your boyfriend as I've been dating my bf for 6 years too and I'm still waiting as well! LOL not the best thing to have in common though.

    I love purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck in my giveaway and I haven't forgotten about the tag, I'm a little busy but will do it XOXO

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...