Friday, January 28, 2011

Review: Hard Candy's Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder

Another golden product made by Hard Candy. I hope they will keep this product in their line forever because I literally will not be able to live without it now that I have tried it!

The packaging is absolutely adorable. When you open it up, you get the powder. At the bottom level, you get your heart-shaped sponge applicator and a mirror. The mirror is super cute and handy to have around. Other than the words "Hard Candy" at the top of the mirror, the saying at the bottom, "Get ready for your closeup!" adds a nice touch.


The powder goes on translucent and removes any shine right away. I never tried applying it with a brush, but I assume it won't be difficult. The trick is not to apply too much, otherwise it can make you look ghostly pale, despite how it is supposed to be translucent powder. I never had any problems with this product caking or anything. If you are applying it with a puff powder or the sponge applicator, press it onto your skin instead of sweeping it across. If you are using a brush applicator, maybe try to remove the excess before using it on your face.

The heart-shaped applicator sponge is so adorable. But at the same time, I don't want to use it because it's so cute! So I've stored it away and decided to get a powder puff from Daiso in replacement of that. The one I got just happens to fit perfectly and work just as well!


You can purchase your own Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder for $8 at your local Walmart.

Rating: (5/5)

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Hard Candy for review purposes only. No payment was received for this review.

9 comments:

  1. I am so into Hard Candy products lately, must add this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should! It's absolutely wonderful! One color fits all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Review!!!

    How cute is that heart sponge applicator!!...I know how you feel i wouldn't want to use it either:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this will b good for me, oily skin! u r genius to find a replaceable powder puff hehe

    xoxo elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I've never tried anything from hard candy?! I'm dying to get my hands on their duo chrome nail polishes...


    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I've never tried Hard Candy's nail polishes, but I really want to try their matte top coat finish. Everything else I've tried from Hard Candy is GREAT! Love their line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the heart shape sponge. I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review. I'm thinking about trying it since I occasionally use Maybelline matte finish powder and am always looking for something "better"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I encourage you to switch! I have never used Maybelline, but I can let you know that Hard Candy is cruelty-free and guilty-free makeup ^_^

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...