Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Review: Hard Candy's Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara

Wow, it feels like it's been forever since I've done a review! I should have done this review a LONG time ago, but I didn't have time to write it up and take the pictures until recently. OK, so let's start!

I have to say, I *love* this mascara! Although this is one of the first mascaras I've ever tried out, I think I've found my #1 already. I have very short and stiff Asian eyelashes. In addition to that, I always felt that they were very sparse (or at least I thought so before I started using mascara).

I love how this mascara helps accentuate the lashes that I actually have. It turns out that I actually have a quite a number of eyelashes! And they're not all that short! Oh the magic of makeup... (Sorry for looking so tired... lol)


No makeup, no curl

No makeup, curled

Curled with Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Mascara

I've read in many forums to never curl your lashes after applying mascara, but I can't help it. My lashes are so wired stiff that right after applying mascara, they would go all straight again. I've never pulled any of my eyelashes out from doing this and it helps if you let your mascara dry before you curl it again.


Curled again after mascara

Can you tell the difference?

I make an effort to read other people's review before going out and buying and many people have said that this mascara is nothing special. I was expecting it to come with a plastic applicator because this was what I saw in some of the pictures. But let me show you what mine looked like:


I think the applicator was probably the secret to the ginormous lashes that Hard Candy was trying to achieve.

The only thing that bothered me about this mascara is that by the end of the day, some of the mascara gets transferred to the bottom eyelid. However, this pretty much happens to me with any mascara. Other than that, I love the effects that this mascara gives me!

Rating: (4/5)

3 comments:

  1. I can really see the difference! It looks great! Too bad it transfers during the day. Estee Lauder Double Wear is the best mascara in this aspect. I doesn't give you much volume, but even when you rub it, it doesn't smudge.

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off...I like the name of your blog. And yea it looks really good! I like your motive behind your reviews...great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow!

    @Beauty Addict: I'll look into that! I know my mom uses Estee Lauder stuff, but I only have their concealer at the moment.

    @AmericanMakeup: Thanks! I try to use cruelty free products. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...