Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back for Christmas Break and Ready to Rock!

OH-MY-GOODNESS! This semester has been non-stop madness and a serious emotional roller coaster ride! BUT, I passed everything in the end *phew*! I haven't had time to do anything. I'm so sorry for the unexpected hiatus and will be back shortly with many reviews to share. I've received some goodies from Hard Candy that I've just had no time to write a review for, but I have tried some of them and they are great!

So right after our last at-school exam on Tuesday, me and a bunch of nursing friends went out for lunch and just hung out. Here's another embarrassing story, I've NEVER had my eyebrows done before. Just before school started back in August, Kei and I were talking about beauty stuff and she offered to take me to get my eyebrows threaded. This didn't come true until the end of the semester!

Let me tell, you, it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I tried plucking my eyebrows once by myself and it hurt more than threading. The process literally took only 5-10 minutes. The sounds were very intense when I was lying on the chair, but it turns out that it was only the thread itself. I didn't really recognize myself afterward, but I thought she did a really good job. It's really weird looking at myself in the mirror now, but I'm sure I will get used to it eventually.


This is my friend, Florence, in the chair. Despite her facial expression, it really didn't hurt that bad.

I think this is the first time I've ever posted pictures of myself on my blog!

Merry Christmas from a couple of nursing students ♥
Left to right: Janice, Me, Florence, and Kei

For the locals in Vancouver: I got mine done at Old Orchard Beauty Salon in Burnaby by Sumin. She's really good and it only cost $6! They're located at #5 – 4429 Kingsway near Market Place IGA. The cross road is Willingdon. To make an appoint call: 604-569-5566.

3 comments:

  1. ahh! I wanted to get my eyebrows done yesterday! Thanks for the post ^_^ i love how your eyebrows turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... thanks! I'm really happy about how it turned out too, but I gotta admit, it's really weird when you look into a mirror and not recognize yourself. I never thought that much about eyebrows until this experience.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...