Monday, November 15, 2010

Review: LA Colors Nail Art Nail Polish

These Nail Art nail polish was actually my first LA Colors purchase. These were also purchased at a local dollar store, but they were sold for more than a dollar (I think I got it for $2.50 CAD if I remember correctly). No dollar store really sells anything for a dollar anymore.

I originally bought these for my Konad nail stamping plates because they specifically said "Nail Art" on there. Stupid me, it's called Nail Art because the brushes were particularly thinner so that you can draw with more accuracy. The ones I got were glittery too, which did not work well with stamping since the glitter would get stuck in the plates. So don't make the same mistakes I have. It took me a long time to get rid of the glitter that was stuck in there.

So now, I actually save these for "nail art". I'm not very good with drawing on my nails (especially with my left hand) and the tip of the brush seems to be too thin to apply a full coat on my entire nail. So... I save them for the finishing touches! For example, I don't like putting rhinestones on my fingernails because I tend to pick on them until they fall off, which typically doesn't make the nails look very nice when they do. So what I do is that I use these "nail art" nail polish to dab a small dot of glitter on there to make it shine. It works quite well since the tip of the brush is so thin. This way, it has the same effects as the rhinestones, it's cheaper, and I don't have to waste them!


Here is an example of me using it similar to rhinestones.
(Yes, I'm reusing this picture - hehe)

I think they're pretty good and would recommend them. They make good small decorations and finishing touches on your nails if you use Konad stamping, but I personally don't find the need to stock up on it. I'll buy again if I run out though :)

Rating: (4/5)

2 comments:

  1. I think we have similar stuff over here in the UK but none of it seems to be very good. :( x

    http://therealsteph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon your blog... thought I'd leave a comment ^^

    I haven't bought any glitter ones but the solid colors are great for Konading. If you ever decide to give these a shot again, definitely try a solid colour. White, Black, Sky Blue, and Intense Pink are particularly good.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...