Friday, September 10, 2010

Review: Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer

So I got this tinted moisturizer a while ago the last time I was down in the states, but didn't have time to write a review about it until now. I am so happy that Hard Candy is now available in Canada, because this means that I won't need to go driving down to the states again to stock up on Hard Candy products!

I'm very sorry about my shallowness, but I am particularly attracted to Hard Candy's cute packaging for all of their products. There are 5 colors available for this tinted moisturizer– Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and Deep. Although I do not consider myself to have fair skin, I got fair anyway since it looked like it best matched my skin tone on my hand. It actually isn't too bad since it blends in quite easily and naturally and doesn't leave streaks behind.

This is the first time I've ever tried a "tinted moisturizer", so I was actually expecting the coverage to be just as good as BB Creams. For those who don't know already, I do have redness and leftover acne scars on my cheeks. This tinted moisturizer gives a pretty good coverage if you have a little redness on your cheeks, but not so much on the leftover acne marks thought (not even the older faded ones). So if you have pretty clear skin and is looking for a lightweight tinted moisturizer, this one is pretty good. For those like me who still have minor acne problems, the coverage may not be enough. I do get good skin days once in a while, so when those days come, this tinted moisturizer is all I need.


Although it doesn't give me as much coverage as I need sometimes, it is indeed very moisturizing! For those who have read my review on the Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream, I did not find it moisturizing enough, so sometimes, I would combine the power of these two products! I apply a thin layer of Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer before I apply my BB Cream!


This product does not say that it's non-comedogenic, so it doesn't guarantee that it will not clog your pores. I cannot verify this however, since I get random breakouts every now and then. But to be honest, I think it's so far so good and do not believe that any of the breakouts that I have gotten is due to this product.

This product also contains SPF 15, which is really good. However, I always feel that I need something that has a little bit more protection (at least SPF 30), so I always try to put on my KinEsys spray-on sunscreen first. I hope they will increase the SPF protection on this product one day.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that about 3 or 4 weeks after I purchased this, the moisturizer started separating. So you really have to shake it up really good in order to use it. Otherwise it either comes out really watery, or really clumpy.

So other than that, I really like this product and am pretty determined to purchase this again in the future! You can now purchase yours at a local Walmart (in Canada and USA) for $8.

Rating: (4/5)

3 comments:

  1. ooohh this looks nice :) great review! I wish you could get products like this here in england :(

    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I love tinted moisturizers in the summer because its so much "lighter" feeling on my skin when the weather is hot and humid. And I know what you mean when the packaging 'gets' you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, now following you care to follow back XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...