Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream

I have finally received my first bottle of BB Cream! It came sooner in the mail than I expected. This is the Skin Food Aloe Sun BB Cream!

From the stock photo, the bottle looked quite big. I don't know if you can tell from the picture below, but the first thing I noticed when I held it in my hand was how flat and thin the bottle was. However, don't let the size fool you, because a small amount goes a long way.

So from the back of the bottle, this BB Cream is described as the following:
Rich with aloe, which possesses excellent hydrating properties and soothing effect, this multi-functional skin care product (UV protector & blemish corrector) provides moisture and nutrition to your skin while providing protection from UV rays.
I have combination skin and I heard that BB Creams are also moisturizing on top of their other functions, so I thought I was able to apply this directly on my skin without a moisturizer. Not a good idea. Always use moisturizer. The skin on my cheeks are somewhat dry, and if I apply this BB Cream directly on my skin without a moisturizer, I can begin to see some flaking really soon afterward.

In this summer hot weather, my face can also get oily as well when I go outside. Unfortunately, this BB Cream does not have very good oil control either and I find myself needing some oil blotting sheets approximately 3 hours after putting it on. My skin is so hard to please!

Some people have mentioned that this BB Cream has a smell to it. I don't know if I had turned off the function of my nose from working at the hospital (for obvious reasons) or what, but I didn't notice any smell unless I practically stick it up my nose. And when I do that, the smell is actually quite pleasant, so I wasn't bothered by it.


Skinfood BB Creams only comes in two different shades. Shade #1 (radiant) is probably more for people with fair skin whereas Shade #2 (natural) is more for light-medium skin tone. The names are a little misleading since people who have light-medium skin tone can have "radiant" skin too (I got Shade #2). When I first put it on, I was like "oh crap, is this too light for me?" Fortunately, it was easy to blend. It looked like I had a mask on at first because it was so light, but about 5 minutes after applying it, it seemed to adjust to my skin tone.


This BB Cream gives a sheer coverage, but it's definitely buildable. It was able to cover the redness on my cheeks from what I believe to be broken capillaries, so I was very happy about that. My skin tone definitely looks a lot more even and it was able to cover a lot of my older acne scars. As for the newer/darker acne scars, I still require a concealer in order to fully cover it. Although it did not completely hide my enlarged pores on my cheeks or give me that flawless skin look I was looking for, I was still very happy about the results. I'm quite ashamed of my skin because of all its flaws, but I felt that a before and after picture might help, so here it is:


This photo was taken at a close up. It was not edited other than being cropped

Overall, this BB Cream is pretty good, but there are others out there I'd like to try. I might repurchase this one again if I run out of options. I guess that's all I have to share for now. I'm sorry that this review seemed so long, but it's my first BB Cream so I was very excited about it! Thanks for bearing with me!

Rating: (4/5)

10 comments:

  1. "I don't know if I had turned off the function of my nose from working at the hospital" LOL SO TRUE! Can't agree more hahah =P

    Great review you got there! I've tried BB cream before but my skin didn't seemed to like it :( I'm giving these product another chance though but in another brand :) Hope it will work for me! And you don't have to be ashamed of your skin girl! Nobody is perfect! Everyone has their flaws (even though other people think you don't) and it's normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Thanks for the encouraging words, LittoMokaa ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    I have this BB cream too and I have no complaints about it.
    Just use small dab for each use. I think it will last quite long for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like a great product. I might have to give it a try. :)
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
    I'm following you now. Follow back if you'd like!
    http://girlysbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellow!

    I love your site, It is a pleasure to visit.

    I have added your site to my site.

    Please link my site to your site.

    Thank you!

    http://cosmelovelove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this cruelty free?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Skinfood is from Korea and I just couldn't find any information whether it's cruelty-free...

    I try to make an effort to only use cruelty-free products, but many times, Asian cosmetics do not list these types of information and neither does Peta.

    However, I do try to make an effort to NOT use from brands that I know are tested on animals. For example, CoverGirl, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Rimmel, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that so? Aww.. This seems like a nice product to try. I try my best too to be cruelty free, esp with cosmetics since i believe it's optional and can survive without it. I used to love maybelline mascaras but when i learned that they aren't cruelty free, i began my search again for my hg mascara :(. I'll do more research as well and if i find out anything ill let u know too :) thanks for the reply

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dairy! Yes, please let me know if you find out anything. I would be very interested in knowing as well. I did see that another blog stating that Skinfood is cruelty-free, but I have no idea where they got the information from.

    As for a HG cruelty-free mascara, I would recommend Hard Candy's Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara. I love that mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try that mascara, but i prefer waterproof that's why i didn't. And if I'm not mistaken, they dont have it in waterproof? Right? Well i might try it still, it might work. Thanks!

    I'm excited for the skin food bb. Hopefully at spring break i'll get a chance to research further. Wooopppyy!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...