Monday, August 30, 2010

New Banner for Blog

After joining COACH's Poppy Project, I got to see many other people's websites. It made me realize that my blog didn't look as special as some others. Some even had the exact same layout as I did! Not that I should be surprised since it's one of Blogger's, but similar to how you don't want to wear the same dress as someone at a party, that's how I felt about my blog.

So I spent one night making a banner for my blog:

How do you like it? The background of the image is actually transparent, so it allows the original background of the blog template to show through. So even if I do decide to change the background one day, I can sill reuse it! Yay for recycling!

I realized that it looks pretty cluttered right now because of the blooming poppies on the side. I'm not exactly sure how long the project's going to go on for, but I am temporarily enjoying the visitors it brings to my blog.

It did take me quite some time to figure out how to resize and slightly rotate pasted images on Photoshop though. That was a pain. Everything's hidden in menus! Note to self: It's called "Free Transform" (Ctrl(Command)+T).

I even changed the background of my twitter to match my blog!

Personally, I really like the pictures. You thought I drew these pictures? Guess again! I actually grabbed these pictures off http://www.freedesign4.me. A website that offers free design elements, vectors, brushes, patterns, 3D models, icons, etc. for personal and/or commercial use. It's so convenient if you have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

Not so impressive now, eh? Maybe I shouldn't have told you... oh well!!! Sharing is caring... ♥

3 comments:

  1. I love your new banner! We know right away that it's a beauty blog! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I agree, you know right away what it's all about, which is great :) Oh, I gave u some more awards over on my blog, here's the link if your interested:

    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com/2010/08/yey-more-awards-ok-so-i-just-clicked-on.html

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...