Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dermarollers - Too Good to be True?

Now that summer school is over, other than waking up at noon everyday, I've been watching a lot of daytime TV shows such as The Doctors, Dr. Oz, and Ellen. On The Doctors show about a week ago, I saw this thing that they briefly talked about this thing called a Dermaroller.

To watch the video, click here.


This little device is said to take away your wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, etc. Let me make this clear, I do not have any wrinkles being in my early 20s, but I do have uneven skin texture due to my previous acne problems (especially on the cheeks around the nose area). And ever since starting this beauty blog, I've been especially self-conscious about it.

After doing a little bit more research, this funky tool works by penetrating the skin just enough to stimulate collagen and elastin production. In addition, it's also been clinically proven that these rollers can help increase serum absorption as much as 1000 times, which kind of makes sense since you're basically creating an easier route for the serum to go deeper into your skin.


To see some before and after pictures, click here.

This type of therapy actually sounds quite promising in treating uneven skin texture and wrinkles, but what do you think? Would you be willing to try it? Or is it too good to be true?

4 comments:

  1. sounds kinda weird/bad that if you roll too hard, it can draw blood (referring to the video) =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're right, it does sound pretty scary. But I'm intrigued... If it really does work, then it'd be a cheaper alternative to cosmetic laser surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched the video yet, but at $100+, I'm not willing to try it myself.. If it delivers like it says it is, then this would be awesome. But.. Yeah.. $100+ is a lot of money to try something new..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks crazy! I've never heard/seen anything like this. I don't know if I'd want to try it though--looks scary!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...