I'm a big big fan of cheap and cute earrings that you can find at the night market and/or mall kiosks, but have you ever thought to yourself, "those earrings looks super cute and they're so cheap too! But I can't wear them because I have sensitive ears..."
Well fret no more! Today, I will show you how you can still wear these earrings by simply changing the hooks!
- Buy a package of hypoallergenic earring hooks from a local craft store.
- Open up the loop located on the bottom of the hook where it is attached to the decorative piece of the earring using one or two pliers. Always open it up the same way you would open up a jump ring in order to reuse it in the future (example).
- Open up your package of hypoallergenic earring hooks and open loop located at the bottom of the hook the exact same way. (It just so happens that this one has a ball at the end.)
- Place the decorative piece of the earring onto the new earring hooks and close them the same way you opened them.
- Do the same thing with the other earring and.... TA-DA!!!