Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheap Earrings for the Sensitive Ears

I got these pair of earrings last year, and just found them recently. You can't really tell from this picture but the earring hooks kind of deterred me from putting them on because they started yellowing or going kind of brown...?

I'm a big big fan of cheap and cute earrings that you can find at the night market and/or mall kiosks, but have you ever thought to yourself, "those earrings looks super cute and they're so cheap too! But I can't wear them because I have sensitive ears..."

Well fret no more! Today, I will show you how you can still wear these earrings by simply changing the hooks!

  1. Buy a package of hypoallergenic earring hooks from a local craft store.
  2. Open up the loop located on the bottom of the hook where it is attached to the decorative piece of the earring using one or two pliers. Always open it up the same way you would open up a jump ring in order to reuse it in the future (example).

  3. Open up your package of hypoallergenic earring hooks and open loop located at the bottom of the hook the exact same way. (It just so happens that this one has a ball at the end.)
  4. Place the decorative piece of the earring onto the new earring hooks and close them the same way you opened them.
  5. Do the same thing with the other earring and.... TA-DA!!!

5 comments:

  1. :O Where did you get those earrings? I had a similar pair but I misplaced it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got these at a kiosk in Richmond Center for like $7!

    I used to have another pair that I got on eBay, those were a lot more expensive because they had white gold plated earring hooks and was embedded with Swarovski crystals..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good idea! And thanks for following me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea. And a big DUH on my part. I have sensitive ears and I don't know why I never thought of this before. Excellent and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I have never thought about doing this before, so thanks!

    Your blog is great too, so consider me a follower :)

    Feel free to come follow me too if u like :)

    www.pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...