Sunday, July 25, 2010

Review: The Body Shop's Shimmer Body Butter

I received this as a gift during Christmas and haven't gotten a chance to use it because I didn't know how (HAHAHA!). After walking into the Body Shop like an idiot asking them what Body Butter is and how to use it I came back home and opened the package.


Cranberry, Vanilla Spice, and Warm Amber Shimmer Body Butter

They explained to me that The Body Shop has been famous for their Body Butters for over 20 years already and that it's mainly used as a body moisturizer. I thought I heard the saleslady say "just don't use it on your face," but I wasn't certain. Perhaps it'd clog your pores? I don't know.

I opened each container and the first thing I noticed was the smell. I took a whiff of each one of them. They smelled so good I just want to eat it! Since I can't transfer the scent to you through the computer, I'll just show you what it looks like inside:


I didn't take a picture of the last one because it looked like it's been placed on the side for too long and a lot of it was stuck on the lid. But you get the idea.

My elbows have been feeling extremely dry lately due to the fact that I've been lying on my stomach blogging on my laptop all the time. So my elbows have really taken a lot of abuse. The texture of the Body Butter is VERY creamy, so a small amount goes a long way. First thing I noticed was how it left a lot of shimmer on my fingers after applying them to my elbows. If you click on the picture below you can see the glitter:


Don't clone me from my fingerprints - haha!

Personally, I felt that the shimmer was unnecessary for me, but that's probably because I apply it after my shower (and also the fact that I apply it to my elbows). By then, I'm ready to go to bed. The lights are out and there's nobody to admire my shimmer. I'm aware that they have Body Butters without the shimmer, so I assume the ones I have right now may better suit people who want to add a bit of glow to their bodies for parties and stuff.

Either way, it's very moisturizing and quickly soothes any dry skin patches that you may have on your body. I don't use a lot of it, so I don't think I'll ever finish the ones I have. But either way, I think they're very nice, especially the scents. I think I might buy again if I run out! You know, just in case - hehe.

Rating: (4/5)

4 comments:

  1. :O I am going to get this and try it out - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove body butter. I'm almost done my tub of Brazil Nut. I use it on my hands because of the ridiculous amount of handwashing I do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I guess you're right! I will probably be using more of this once school starts because of all the handwashing we have to do at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...