Saturday, July 10, 2010

First Nail Art Attempt

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Konad Stamping, but when I first heard of it I thought it was the most amazing product. Flawless pictures can be stamped onto the nail in a matter of seconds to create wonderful nail art!

Anyway, the first time I heard of this product was last year at PNE. They sold the basic kit for approx $30 or so and I thought that was ridiculously expensive. It came with 2 or 3 bottles of Konad Stamping nail polish and they told me that the Konad nail polishes are especially viscous/thick in order to create smudge-less images. I couldn't fork out that kind of money at the time, so I passed and then later purchased individual plates online (along with a scraper and stamper, of course).

Someone I know (not giving any names) has something against using cheap stuff, so I'm just gonna shut her up here. Using my *CHEAP* nail polish I bought from Daiso and the dollar store, I decorated my nails!


It's not completely perfect, but it's pretty good for a first attempt. In fact, I kept smudging it because I was doing other stuff at the same time. I want to do more nails, but I only have two hands! I need to recruit some volunteers to let me experiment on their finger nails!

12 comments:

  1. yah i have heard great things about the konad stamp i was actually going to order it online this week!

    haha looks great!

    http://makeupagirlsbestfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nails are so cute! I bought the Konad stamping set too but I'm such a noob at it! :( I loose patience and now it's just sitting in his corner lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love using konad..it's so much fun:)
    i have some photos on my blog, come and look it;)
    And i like your mani;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your nails!!!! hehe i've been getting into nail art recently too but i've been doing them by hand... which turns out to be SUPER messy! haha i think i need to find some of these plates... not sure where though :( they look so pretty and seem so much easier! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing it by hand is so difficult and I just don't have the artistic skills for it. I've seen some nail polish pens before, those are pretty cool.

    I got my konad stamping stuff at http://www.wowsocool.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the flower design from the M60 plate for this design. I love the full pattern designs, but I'm not very good at stamping them on... They always go crooked! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. what other plates do you have. I have like 6 konad plates and bunch of fake ones haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww thats super cute i love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, I am so jealous of you nail girls and your skillz!

    best, Lisamarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this blog!!
    u can xperiment on my nails anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice design :)

    Check out my Konad designs at:
    http://alexa1202.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...